Friday, August 28, 2009

Woman Owned Business & summer eats

Boy I want to share something, a valuable lesson I learned in life and construction. As a woman and a business owner many men are really nasty. Down right mean. They not only want you to fail they go out of their way to do unethical and unlawful things to make you miserable and destroy your business. They do not play well with other!

There is so much $ and work out there. More then enough for all of us to make a good living. But no they have to be so competitive and cruel.

I will not give up I just keep moving forward and doing the right thing as much as possible. I am a strong and determined woman. When one door closes another opens and that is so true.

I recommend to all women do not give up. If it will not work one way then try another until it works.

Also encourage other women. And go out of your way to buy from Women first when ever possible. If you go to buy a car tell then no thank you I want a woman sales person. Same thing in any business where there is a choice. The good old boy network needs to learn just how powerful women can be.

And by all means stick together. Hire women when ever possible.

The best advice I eve received was “so your afraid, so be afraid and do it anyway” from my Mom Iris Becker.

Now for fruitful sharing.

It is summer and great tomatoes, zuccini, cucumber… Try heirloom types. They have less cellulite and a MUCH BETTER OLD FASHIONED FLAVOR. You will be so happy you did.

I wait all year for fresh fruit and veggies. I eat tomatoes like apples. I know some of you are saying gross but I love it.

As far as quilting goes I am in the process of making 2 quilts. I am involved with quilts for kids thru Zoey Quilts and also Quilts for Kids. I will try to get a pic on here soon.

Quilting is so relaxing for me. I know some of you are thinking I am nuts, LOL. But it really does. Try it you may like it.

Talk to you soon

Carin

No comments: