Friday, August 28, 2009

Home made recipes to share? Deoderant

Hi
Does anyone have home made recipes that are healthy & safe such as Laundry detergent, tooth paste, soap, salves? I am interested in putting together a recipe blog of this sort to share. So please if you are like minded email me with your recipes that you have tried and like.
Thank you

Here is the first one I have found

DEODERANT RECIPE, ylang yang and orange from Any Karol

3 Tablespoons shea butter
3 Tablespoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons cocoa butter
2 vitamin E oil gel caps (puncture and squeeze out the oil)
Essential Oil (I used ylang yang and orange) Feel free to try other oils but be careful to use oils that are safe for skin.

I melted all the ingredients (except the oils) and gave it a good stir. If you do this on the stove use a thermometer, if you make it to hot for to long the crystals will seperate and cause problems. Then added the oils, stirred again, and poured it in a jar, then placed it in the fridge to set. This recipe filled the jar in my hand, which is a 1/4 pint.

You can buy the cocoa butter and shea butter from us at info@floor-n-more.com

along with many other ingredients, oils, salts and may other skin care items.

I'm on week 3 and it works so well, I am stunned. When it's cold in the bathroom, it's not as smooth, but the warmth from my fingers softens it up enough to spread on. On hot days the texture is perfect. I can scoop a little bit out of the jar, roll it into a pea-sized ball, and rub it in. I am very very happy with it. I found other recipes online for cream deodorants that have beeswax, vegetable glycerin all kinds of combos.

It smells wonderful. And remember to make small batches. the Vit E helps tto preserv e it. You may want to add a little vegetable glycerin to make it softer.

It works well, try it and let me know what you think or if you would like to order some form us. Carin

No comments: